- Jerry Jones has threatened legal action against the NFL over Roger Goodell’s contract extension.
- Some owners have reportedly discussed the possibility of using a clause in the league’s constitution to force Jones to sell the Cowboys as a potential “nuclear option.”
- The owners’ case would hinge on their belief that Jones encouraged Papa John’s CEO John Schnatter to speak out against the league.
Jerry Jones’ brewing war with the NFL over Roger Goodell’s contract extension has heightened tensions across the league.
- Jerry Jones is being accused of wanting to ‘overthrow’ Roger Goodell, and NFL owners are stunned by his legal threats
- Roger Goodell’s contract demands reportedly include $50 million per year and a private jet
- Jerry Jones does not appear to have enough support to veto Roger Goodell’s contract, but might have 2 tricks up his sleeve