- LiAngelo Ball and two UCLA teammates are reportedly set to be released and sent home from China.
- The three players were arrested in China and charged with shoplifting.
- President Donald Trump spoke with President Xi Jinping of China about the case during his recent visit and asked for assistance.
Three UCLA basketball players, including LiAngelo Ball, the brother of NBA star Lonzo Ball, “are set to leave China” after being detained on shoplifting charges, according to reports Tuesday morning.
- Trump asked the Chinese government to intervene in the case involving UCLA basketball players arrested in China
- Lonzo Ball’s brother and two other UCLA players reportedly released on bail and ordered to stay in China hotel until case is resolved
- Lonzo Ball’s brother reportedly among UCLA players arrested in China