- A series of wildfires are raging throughout Los Angeles and Ventura counties in Southern California.
- The three largest blazes — known as the Thomas Fire, the Creek Fire, and the Rye Fire — are burning around Ventura, Sylmar, and Santa Clarita, scorching thousands of acres and showing no signs of stopping as of Wednesday morning.
- More than 200,000 people have been forced to leave their homes, and many areas are under mandatory evacuation orders.
A series of wildfires are burning out of control in Los Angeles and Ventura counties in Southern California.
Thomas Fire Fund
- The United Way of Ventura County, American Red Cross of Ventura County, and the Ventura County Sheriff’s Office of Emergency Services have teamed up to create the Thomas Fire Fund.
- Text UWVC to 41444 to make a cash donation, call 805-485-6288, or go online to United Way of Ventura County’s website.
- Checks with “Thomas Fire Fund” in the memo line can be mailed to 702 County Square Drive, Suite 100 Ventura, CA 93003.
The Salvation Army
- The Salvation Army is accepting food and water at the Ventura County Fairgrounds.
- You can donate cash by calling 1-800-SAL-ARMY or visiting the website.
The Red Cross
- The Red Cross of Los Angeles will update its social media accounts with information about volunteer opportunities.
- Make a cash donation on redcrossla.org or over the phone by calling 1-800-RED-CROSS.
The Humane Society of Ventura County
- The Humane Society of Ventura County has taken in over 100 animals.
- Drop off any of the following items at 402 Bryant St. in Ojai: Alfalfa hay, Timothy hay, cat chow, rabbit food, flashlights, headlamps, lanterns, water troughs, bottled water, fruit, snacks, hoses, and power generators.
- Donate food and water for volunteers, or make a cash donation on HSVC’s website.
Los Angeles County Animal Care Foundation
- Donate to Noah’s Legacy Fund, which provides supplies, training, and equipment to first responders charged with rescuing animals from areas stricken by natural disasters.
- Mail donations to P.O. Box 100515, Pasadena, CA 91189-0515 or through the LACACF website.
- How your tax bracket could change in 2018 under Trump’s tax plan, in two charts
- In one of America’s ‘most miserable’ cities, home prices have surged 92% in the last 5 years
- Beyoncé and Jay-Z bought an $88 million house — here’s why their $52 million mortgage might be a smart business decision