- Pittsburgh Steelers safety Mike Mitchell is furious with the way the NFL has handled a recent string of player suspensions.
- Mitchell’s teammate JuJu Smith-Schuster and the New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski received equal suspensions for decidedly different plays, with Smith-Schuster making a block in-game and Gronkowski diving onto a player’s back after the whistle.
- In a passionate rant, Mitchell criticized the league, its leadership, and the media for their portrayal of him as a “dirty player.”
Pittsburgh Steelers safety Mike Mitchell voiced his displeasure with the NFL’s inconsistency with regard to punishing players for hits.
- Steelers linebacker who suffered scary back injury needed an unexpected surgery and reportedly may not play football again
- Steelers linebacker Ryan Shazier taken to hospital after terrifying head-first hit to an opponent
- Rob Gronkowski suspended 1 game for ‘dirty’ hit that sent Bills player into concussion protocol