- The first openly gay American male at the US Olympics will boycott an invitation to the White House.
- This is because bronze medal figure skater Adam Rippon does not believe he would feel welcome there.
- Rippon already rejected the chance to meet Mike Pence as the US vice president’s stance on LGBTQ+ rights is at odds with his own.
Rippon would not feel welcome at the White House
- Mirai Nagasu learned the toughest figure-skating trick at an unusual age after she was left off an Olympic team
- A pair of Canadian figure skaters who just won gold at the Olympics had to tone down their ‘raunchy’ routine because it was like a ‘porno’
- South Korean figure skater suffered a wardrobe malfunction 5 seconds into her Olympic debut and handled it with aplomb