- “Fox & Friends” host Brian Kilmeade has been uncharacteristically hostile toward President Donald Trump over the last two days regarding the White House’s response to the resignation of former staff secretary Rob Porter, who has been accused of domestic abuse.
- Referring to the White House’s reliance on the FBI’s background check system, Kilmeade told a White House spokesperson on Tuesday, “You relied upon it and you got burned.”
- Kilmeade also chastised Trump for not condemning Porter publicly.
For a show that has often served as one of President Donald Trump’s primary news sources and biggest boosters, “Fox & Friends” has been fiercely critical of the White House’s response to allegations of domestic abuse from former staff secretary Rob Porter.
A growing scandal
- Trump reportedly thinks Porter is ‘sick,’ and guilty, but still defends him publicly from charges of domestic abuse
- John Kelly reportedly said he was willing to resign over the Rob Porter scandal
- Mike Pence diverges from Trump in response to Rob Porter scandal