- People close to President Donald Trump are torn over what should happen to White House chief of staff John Kelly.
- Some say it’d be a “lethal” mistake for President Donald Trump to oust him.
- Others say he needs to go for his handling of the Rob Porter scandal.
White House chief of staff John Kelly’s future appears to be in question as the Rob Porter scandal continues to escalate. And President Donald Trump’s allies are torn over what should be the fate of the retired Marine general who has fought to bring order to a chaotic West Wing.
‘Much ado about nothing’
‘It was all done right’
- Rob Porter reportedly said in an off-the-record meeting the White House arranged that his ex-wife’s black eye was from a fall
- The White House arranged a hasty off-the-record meeting between Rob Porter and 4 reporters after abuse allegations came to light
- The FBI director just threw a huge wrench into the White House’s story about Rob Porter