- Nikolas Cruz, the 19-year-old suspected of killing 17 in a shooting spree at Florida high school, legally purchased the AR-15 he allegedly used in the crime.
- Florida wouldn’t require fingerprints, a special permit, or even a waiting period before Cruz bought his gun. Anyone over 18 can buy a rifle in Florida if they pass a background check.
- At 19 with no criminal background — despite Cruz’s disciplinary record at school — all he needed was a few hundred dollars to buy the rifle.
Nikolas Cruz, the troubled 19-year-old suspected of killing 17 and injuring over a dozen in a shooting spree at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkville, Florida, legally purchased the AR-15 rifle he allegedly used in the crime.
- Parkland Florida and the deadliest shootings in US history all have one thing in common
- ‘If I don’t make it I love you’: Students, teachers sent harrowing text messages during the Florida school shooting
- Here’s how your tax bracket will change in 2018