- President Donald Trump and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo appeared to discuss whether notes were taken from a one-on-one meeting with Kim Jong Un during a press conference.
- The exchange was recorded in the White House’s transcript for the Singapore press conference on Tuesday.
- Trump asks, apparently referring to Secretary of State Pompeo: “Mike, do they have a transcript?” before telling a reporter “No, they didn’t record it. I don’t think they recorded it. Are there any recordings of it?”
- The US interpreter who was with the president will create the official notes from the meeting, but Trump reassured press saying he doesn’t need verification because he has “one of the great memories of all time.”
President Donald Trump and US officials seem confused over whether notes were taken during Trump’s private meeting with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un in Singapore on Tuesday.
- Trump gave Kim Jong Un a look inside ‘The Beast,’ the president’s $1.5 million armored limousine
- Trump applauds North Korea’s ‘great beaches,’ says they would be a perfect location for condos and hotels
- Trump and Kim tucked into fried rice with XO sauce and ice cream during their working lunch