- Brookfield Asset Management said Monday that it proposed to buy mall owner GGP Inc. for $14.8 billion.
- Brookfield currently owns about 34% of GGP and wants to buy the rest of the company for $23 a share.
- The Canadian asset manager would gain GGP’s class A retail properties in urban centers at a time when foot traffic is declining because more people are shopping online.
- GGP has a special committee that’s looking into the proposal with Goldman Sachs as its financial advisor.
Brookfield Asset Management has proposed to buy the mall owner GGP for $14.8 billion to expand its real estate footprint.
- Nike paid the NBA $1 billion to use its uniforms, and 2 of the NBA’s biggest stars are hiding the swoosh
- This animation shows how terrifyingly powerful nuclear weapons have become
- Disney has reportedly been in talks to buy most of 21st Century Fox