- President Donald Trump returned home from a 12-day trip to Asia to a White House and Republican party embroiled in multiple scandals.
- The Republicans are staring down the barrel of losing a crucial Senate seat in Alabama, which should be a GOP stronghold.
- Trump campaign members face renewed scrutiny over their contacts with Russia.
- The Republican tax plan will need the Democrats blessing to avoid massive spending cuts to programs like Medicare and Border Patrol.
President Donald Trump has returned home after a 12-day marathon trip across Asia to a White House, and a Republican party, struggling to put out several fires at once.
Sessions is busy getting grilled by Congress
Trump campaign getting grilled over Russia connections
Trump’s tax reform hanging by a thread
- Jeff Sessions threw cold water on calls for a 2nd special counsel to investigate Clinton
- Trump boasts that his approval ratings may be as high as about 50%
- Jeff Sessions may appoint a second special counsel to investigate Clinton and Comey