- UK security officials have been told to get tougher on the rising threat of extreme right-wing groups.
- David Anderson QC said MI5 should investigate “all kinds of terrorism, irrespective of the ideology that inspires them.”
- The Anderson report comes five days after Donald Trump retweeted posts from a British far-right leader.
Britain’s security officials have been urged to get tougher on the rising threat of extreme right-wing terrorism — and to treat it in the same way as they would Islamist terror threats.
“I welcome David Anderson QC’s independent assurance of our reviews, and we are committed to implementing the recommendations we identified. […]
“MI5 and our partners continue to bring the full weight of our growing capabilities to counter this new intensity of threat. Our unrelenting focus remains on doing everything in our power every day to keep the country safe.”
- The Manchester terror attack could have been prevented ‘had the cards fallen differently’
- Russia just launched a ‘full-throttle attack’ on 2 US radio stations after RT journalists were barred from parts of Congress
- Crew onboard a Cathay Pacific flight claim they saw North Korea’s latest missile test