- Lyft has begun offering self-driving rides in Boston.
- The autonomous vehicles have human backup drivers ready to take the wheel if any problems arise.
- The move points to an opportunity for Lyft to gain market share as rival Uber deals with financial distress and a series of scandals.
The race to establish a reliable, autonomous ride-hailing service just took an important turn.
- GM is launching a feature that allows people to shop while driving
- Ford is betting China will beat the US and dominate the electric car market
- Lyft exec says there’s going to be a ‘gut-wrenching decade’ in autonomous vehicles before there’s a clear winner